The Best Argumentative Essay Writing Ideas On School Uniforms
Students often write argumentative essay assignments, so they learn how to build a strong argument, select solid supportive details, and make conclusions. A topic devoted to school uniforms is one of the most popular topics for such assignments. Some students write about the pros of a strict dress code while others support the position that students should wear whatever they want.
If you cannot come up with a good writing idea for your paper, you can study the sample topics on the Web, in the local library, and on the website of the academic writing center in order to get inspired. Do not hesitate to use the example statements provided below in your paper.
The Pros of Wearing School Uniforms
If you want to write your essay about the pros of wearing the same clothing for every student, you can consider the reasoning provided below:
- Students do not have to decide what to put on each morning, so they save time.
- The preferred clothing of the child is usually more expensive than uniforms.
- Wearing uniforms encourages a discipline and helps students concentrate on their studies.
- Students feel as a part of the institutions’ community.
You can also talk to your friends and ask whether they support wearing the same clothing at school. It also makes sense to read the rules of any school in order to find their arguments for having an obligatory dress code for everyone.
The Cons of Wearing School Uniforms
Many people do not like the idea of wearing the same clothing for everyone. They argue that:
- Students should express their individuality, so they should be able to wear whatever they want.
- Educational institutions should encourage diversity and create a positive learning environment.
- School uniforms can decrease the child’s comfort level while they are studying.
- In public educational institutions, school uniforms are often unattractive.
It is a good idea to study statistics. For example, you can provide data on how many schools in your area force their students to wear a uniform and how much it costs for their parents.
This debate is ongoing. Different people support different positions. In order to compose a strong paper, you should pick up a side, formulate your thesis statement, and find interesting evidence and data to support your main idea. Keep in mind that your argumentative essay should meet the requirements of your teacher, so make sure you use an appropriate formatting style and do not exceed the word limit.